On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Brian Dunnette wrote:

> Just a thought: would it be worthwhile to set up some sort of poll to
> see when & where people would like to meet (something more in-depth than
> the "I (love/hate) the current meeting location & time" flamewar that
> seems to have developed)?

I like that idea, but I would want the questions to be the right ones.
There seem to be several issues here -- alternating locations, using TIES,
weekend/weekday, is the U any good?, etc.

My view is this:  Someone has suggested that TIES is a good meeting place,
someone else has seconded that, so I think we should look into it.  The
guy who recommended TIES clearly has an axe to grind with the U, but I
think we should ignore that and just try to decide if we like TIES as a
meeting place.

I would suggest that we have a meeting at TIES sometime (unless there is a
good reason not to do so), then have a poll about meeting places once
we've seen TIES.

Mike