FYI, as a non-organization, TCLUG can't qualify if it asked or was offered.
Sponsors need to know the non-profit ID or equiv for their tax reporting,
etc, else they get in big trouble for "where did that go?" audit questions.

IBM, HP, Dell etc think they are good matches for Linux support and usage
and have active support programs.  HP and IBM were officially supporting
Beowolf clusters as of several years ago.

Real Time has dropped any visible connection with TCLUG activities as of
several years ago, but probably still hosts this list.  I think it was a
liability concern. Since TCLUG can't take responsibility or insure anything,
the organizing individuals and any seeming sponsors carry the liability if
anything happens.

TCLUG could be chartered to be or do what Jima mentioned, but isn't or
hasn't.  The details can be a nuisance, but it's like growing up and having
to get a driver's license, insurance, and pay taxes or take the consequences
when they come.

Chuck