On 11/8/07, Don Sparish <dalan at visi.com> wrote:
> As long as the meeting is on a week night I will never be able to attend I
> would vote for a weekend
> meeting time and place to be found.
>
> I don't recall there ever being a reason given for wednesday night meetings,
> but I will look through my emails
> when I get home.

I have the same argument, but in reverse. I'm almost never available
on weekends so I would never be able to attend a weekend meeting. I
would like to attend a TIES meeting because they sound interesting,
but since I'm gone 3/4 weekends it just never works out.

The fact is that it is not possible to satisfy everyone's schedule,
choice of location, etc.

Earlier this year in the Spring when a few of us got together to
discuss getting a regular TCLUG meeting going again, we openly invited
people to discuss these topics and no one responded.  So we met
regularly in person for efficiency reasons and made decisions as a
group based on what we thought would be the best way to start.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but so far the only good
argument I've heard is the one concerning parking. The choice of day
is too subjective to really be counted either way.

It seems to be working well enough to have both meetings so I don't
understand why we need to either have one solution or the other. As
Jima pointed out, we're just a group of people who want to discuss
Linux. Some additional coordination between the two groups would be
nice, but it seems silly that both can't coexist. It's not as if
there's a gold rush on TCLUG and the first one to stake a claim is
gonna get all the LUGgets (Yep, that's right I just coined the term
LUGgets to refer to any member of a LUG).

My $0.02.

Eric