On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, auditodd at comcast.net wrote:
> Some BIOS will allow to set "halt on no error" or something similar so
> that it doesn't care if it doesn't find a keyboard.
> Some BIOS don't have that option.
> I have two Compaq desktops that I use for firewalls.
> There is no option in the BIOS to continue after errors and it must have
> a keyboard attached.
> So I tore apart a keyboard and took the PC board, wrapped it in
> electrical tape and stuck it inside the case and ran the cable out and
> plugged it into the keyboard socket. Works fine.

  I'm guessing you're unaware that Compaq has a DOS executable called
NO_F1.COM that, once run, makes the machine not dependent on having a
keyboard attached?  Toss it on a bootable DOS floppy (FreeDOS?), boot the
machine, run NO_F1, reboot.  Should be good.  (It's worked on every Compaq
I've tried it on, anyway, including a Proliant 5000R.)

      Jima