Andy is absolutely right about Palm Desktop (PD) being crapola.  JPilot
worked SO much better.  PD tries to be smart about things, but
ultimately fails when you have multiple vendors trying to be
"authoritative" over the data being synced.  At UofMN, OIT had purchased
and supported an Oracle product (which ironically wasn't built on Oracle
technology at all), which had its own synchronization plugin.  That
plugin interacted badly if you wanted to sync the data to both that app
and the Palm Desktop app, which was needed for migration from one to the
other, or for those instances where people preferred their PD software
for most everything else, but the Oracle software for calendaring.

All in all, JPilot works awesome.  If I had a Palm PDA, I would be using
it today.  As it stands, I'll keep my index cards around. ;-)

Chad