Hello, and a good day to you all.  This is almost off topic, but will be
run on a Slackware box, so here goes.

Does anyone know of a program that can convert real audio (.rm) files
into .mp3 format.  I do not run a GUI, so it would need to be run from
the shell.

I keep an audio archive for a church.  Basicly the church makes
available a daily broadcast, and stores them on their website for 7
days.  After 7 days, the newer files bump the older one off.  For
reasons unknown, I offered to mirror the site, and maintain an archive
of all the files.  The church broadcasts are in .rm format.

Several years have gone by since I setup the archive, and I was starting
to wonder if anyone ever used it.  In the past week, I have received
several requests for the files in .mp3 format.

Ideally, I would like my machine to download the files daily (as it
currently does), and then have them automaticly converted to .mp3?

Any thoughts on this would be grand.

Thanks!

Robert De Mars