On Tue, 15 May 2007, Robert De Mars wrote:
> I have a fairly stock Slackware 11.0 box.  This morning I saw the Samba
> security announcement, so I upgraded my Samba package.
>
> Old package:    samba-3.2.24-i486-1
> New package:    samba-3.2.25-i486-1
>
> I downloaded the new package, stopped the samba service, upgraded the
> package, and restarted samba.
>
> Now none of my users can connect to the samba shares.

  No idea if it's related, but a recent samba update in Fedora jumped
versions, introducing some change or another (I forget the details) that
made the shares inaccessible to XP boxen unless they rebooted.  (Yes, it
sounds cliche, but it seemed to work.)  Have the users tried rebooting?
  Total shot in the dark...

      Jima