Thanks Guys,

I installed in it on SUSE and it works fine I have not had time to debug the application. One of the things that I " NEED" is java run time environment to work with IE. I have looked into running alternatives to Java Sun, but it appears according to many threads on their forum this is not a feature. It would be cool if anyone would take the challenge to document an ie4linux install on MAC OS X =)

Thanks,

David

 On Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:26 PM, Larry Rees wrote:

Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:26:50 -0500
From: Larry Rees
To: "SDALAN04 at smumn.edu"
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] OT: ie4linux

  I've got ie4linux installed on Mandriva 2006 (Free) and it seems to work ok, but I've not used it extensively. Seems to have some limits on features but I can't recall precisely what these are, my primary purpose for installing it was that IE was required by some tax preparation software I was trying to run on my Mandriva box. There was a warning on the ie4linux website where I downloaded it that it shouldn't be used for normal websurfing, but was there for developers to test their programs on IE. I don't know what security probems it opens up, if any, but I got the impresion that it had some. Hope this helps...

On 5/3/07, SDALAN04 at smumn.edu <SDALAN04 at smumn.edu> wrote: I installed SUSE on a HP Laptop and everything so far has been running great. I was a little hesitant but its been really smooth and easy to manage.

As of recent, I have had to deal with users (mostly in Europe)from organizations running on open source. And of course, due to compatibility issues we only support IE.

I was wondering if there's anyone one the list that has used ie4linux on MAC OS X or Linux?

David

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds" - Einstein

"Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"