USA
952-563-4882 (voice)
952-563-4672 (fax)
steven.white at ci.bloomington.mn.us

>>> "Chris Schumann" <cschumann at twp-llc.com> 4/6/2007 12:10 PM >>>
> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:41:50 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
> From: "Nick" <nick at chaska.net>

> I would like to do a dual boot ( XP & Linux ) on my computer. Where can
> I take my computer for help? I live in Chaska. I'm 68 yrs old , so
> please be patient with me.
>
>                Thanks, Nick

Welcome, Nick!

If there's an installfest coming up, that would be a perfect time to do
it. However, there are many places to look for yourself.

I imagine you know you can boot a LiveCD and run Linux that way, without
changing your hard drive. But to really install, you'll need to either
make room on your existing hard drive, which can be tricky, or add another
drive and install Linux on that.

If you can add a drive, that may be the easiest. However, you can use
Knoppix to re-size your existing NTFS partition and go from there.

So we know what we're dealing with, what's your CPU and RAM? And about
your hard drive, what size is it, and how much is used?

Also, do you have a preferred Linux distribution?

Chris