Does your cable modem have a battery backup?  I had the same issue
with my modem and I also thought it was my linksys router.

Turned out that it was a "stand by" button on the front. I had
accidently pressed it. Once I repressed it everything worked.

My device also allows phone service and has battery backup. Not sure
of the model.

Brock