Call the comcast general support number and navigate through the menus to
high speed support and there'll be an option to reauthorize your cable
modem.  do that, wait the prescribed time and power cycle the modem.  I've
hit the same problems with a stock linksys and a Dlink dfl-200 firewall.
the above solved my problems....