Hi all,

Would any of you be willing to give me some advice on the best way to do a
bare metal recovery of Linux?  The University that I work for is currently
in the beginning stages of moving an Oracle 10g installation off of a
dinosaur VMS server, and we cannot determine the best way to do a bare metal
recovery of the RedHat Enterprise 4 OS that will house the new Oracle
installation.  It was easy in VMS if we lost the operating system disk to
just pop in a new drive, and restore the OS from tape.  This doesn't seem so
easy with RedHat.  We are currently researching options, but I would
appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Mike