On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:54:17 -0500
"Donovan Niesen" <dniesen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do a significant amount of work in with HTML, CSS and PHP/MySQL.
> Most of my time is spent inside Dreamweaver on my Windows partition.
> While Dreamweaver has been good to me, I would like to see what
> others are using on a daily basis in Linux.  Is there anything with
> some of the handier features in Dreamweaver (uploading pages to
> remote/testing sites, MySQL integration)?

I'm also interested in this because I have yet to find something I
really really like in Linux, some things come close, but I always
find myself firing up VirtualBox to run a windows VM that has
UltraEdit.  UE has great integrated SFTP support and very nice
syntax highlighting and I just can't find another editor that has
everything I want wrapped into one application.  It doesn't have
MySQL "integration" or WYSIWYG tho.

Using KDE and setting up a remote network folder via fish:// and
ssh came very close.  Using quanta to edit PhP files isn't too bad,
but when I go back to the Konquerer window to open another php file,
it starts another quanta session.  I have not found a way to force it
to just open a new tab in the existing session.  You wouldn't think
this would be too annoying but it is.

I used to use eclipse plus pydev for Python development but I never
found good sftp support for eclipse, plus using eclipse to do
php/python seems like using a shovel to pound in a nail.

Might want to check out nvu, amaya, bluefish, screem, vim  :)

My $0.02

Josh