does sound like a more ideal location for
TCLUG meetings, especially considering the majority demographic that
I've observed at the meetings.  I have
nothing against the UofM as an organization, or the students
(especially geeks) therein.  I have no knowledge
about the past bad behavior of the U that some are alleging.  I also
have no "tie" to TIES (sorry, couldn't resist).
Just looking at the facts that have been presented (nevermind the
heated opinions and conjecture), here is what I see:

Arguments for meeting @ TIES, rather than the UofM
(1)  Location, location, location -- it's not in the heart of the
worst traffic congestion area during that time slot
(2)  Free Parking

Arguments for meeting @ UofM, rather than TIES
(1)  I am a UofM student, or live in the City, so it is more convenient for me

The consensus appears to be that TCLUG is not specifically a student
group (presumably also not a group
geared toward City dwellers), so it seems that the former arguments
hold more water than the latter.  This is
assuming, of course, that the facts that have been presented on both
sides have been accurate and complete.

I don't think anybody is threatening a boycott of any sort, and I
don't think it's fair to call peoples' arguments
"fluff" because you happen to disagree with them.  Everyone is
entitled to their opinion.

Here's hoping we come up with a rational outcome that is in the best
interest of TCLUG as a whole!

Bijoy