What Will Seagate Do? If Seagate authorises a product to=20
be returned to Seagate or an authorised service provider,=20
Seagate will replace the drive without charge with a=20
functionally equivalent replacement product. Seagate=20
may replace a product with a product that was previously=20
used, repaired and tested to meet Seagate specifications.=20
By sending product for replacement, ownership of the=20
original product will be transferred to Seagate. Seagate=20
will not return original drives to consumers. Data=20
recovery is not covered under this warranty and is not=20
part of the repair or exchange process. If you would=20
like data recovery performed on your drive, it is=20
available from Seagate as a separate service for an=20
additional charge. Seagate warrants that repaired or=20
replaced products are covered for the greater of=20
either the remainder of the original product warranty=20
or 90 days.

>>> On 10/3/2007 at 4:20 PM, in message <47040788.1000808 at umn.edu>, =
Jonathan
Osborne <jwo at umn.edu> wrote:
> Why does a five-year warranty make them great?  I own a couple seagates
> and they've been good so far.  But the warranty doesn't really mean
> anything.  They probably figured out that if they advertise a five-year
> warranty, they'll sell more drives, offsetting (or perhaps even
> exceeding) the cost of replacing drives further into the future.
>=20
> Besides, it's the data that's important, not the drive.  And even if
> they make good on the warranty 4 1/2 years from now, it'll probably be a
> "refurbished" drive anyway.  Would you trust that?
> Marc Skinner said the following on 10/03/2007 16.03
Marc