Forwarding for LUG readability...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rick Harding <rharding at mitechie.com>
Date: Jul 10, 2007 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] What's your favorite Wiki?
To: Shawn Fertch <sfertch at gmail.com>

Shawn Fertch wrote:
> On 7/10/07, Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> wrote:
>
>> What's your favorite wiki, and why?
>>
>> I'm looking to set one up on my home server - I've currently got
>> Python & Perl running, but not PHP.
>>
>> I'd like to get something that could have independent instances -
>> giving my wife one or more wiki's just for her writing has potential.
>>

> dokuwiki.  It's quick, it's simple.  No database requirements at all
> as it's all flat files.

I have to agree. I run a couple dokuwiki instances and one is for a
woodworking group of mainly non-technical people and they can get some
ok results out of it. It involved putting php up though.

The only non-php wiki I used was moinmoin which seemed ok, but nothing
overly impressive on the install I played with.

Rick