On 1/30/07, Benjamin Gramlich <benjamin.gramlich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm doing my taxes and I've downloaded the M1 fill in form from the MN
> dept. of revenue. But I can't find a program to fill in the forms. Part
> of the problem is I'm using PPC Ubuntu so there is no Adobe plugin for
> firefox as there is on the x86. Does anyone know of a program I can use
> to fill the forms in? I've tried Scribus, GIMP, and OpenOffice. No luck
> there. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.
>
> Benjamin

I know this isn't a very good answer, since it is still not available
in a released version, but there was a google summer-of-code project
to develop this functionality for evince (the GNOME PDF viewer).  I
don't know how well it works, but if you're desperate, you could try
it out.  Look here: http://live.gnome.org/Evince/Forms.

I also just found this on a quick search.  I've never used it, but you
might try it.  It appears to be built on top of eclipse.  It's not
Open-source, but it appears to be free for private
use:http://www.cabaret-solutions.com/en/

--
jonner