David Carlson wrote:
> You could try installing QEMU and running Acrobat Reader with QEMU
> emulation.  I was able to get PPC vim to work on x86 with about 10 minutes
> effort - it shouldn't be that hard the other way around.  It is a pain,
> though, as you have to copy over the target arch libraries (copying /lib
> /usr/lib to underneath /usr/qemu-i386 from x86 Ubuntu should suffice).
>
> -Dave

Plus, even if you could get a recent version Acrobat Reader to run, you
would probably still be hosed, because Acrobat won't let you _save_ the
data that you typed into the form - because this is Adobe's latest
moneymaking scam.

However, if you find and install version 5 or older of Acrobat reader -
then - while it will complain that the pdf contains new things it
doesn't know how to display - in my experience, it works just fine - and
it will let you save the data that you type into the form.  This holds
for windows or linux, however you end up doing it.

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust