In part, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net posted to the tclug list:

> * If I buy a Windows box, what's the most successful way to obtain
> Windows credit from MS?  I've read of some doing this and I'm willing to
> jump through hoops.

I've heard and read of people doing this.  Universally, the experience is
described as time consuming, often frustrating and fraught with pitfalls,
any one of which might disqualify you from getting the refund.  So jumping
through hoops might be understating the process a bit.  Further, when
you finally get the refund, it isn't anywhere near what you'd expect to
pay for a retail copy of Windows.

Assuming you actually elect this route, a good tutorial on how to get
the refund from Dell (but probably applicable to other vendors, too)
can be found at:

However, other vendors may not be as accommodating:
	http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/toshiba.html

Hope this helps,

-S