My comments on my recent DSL search in Columbia Hts (next to Mpls).

On 1/15/07, Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com> wrote:

> I have been calling around to different services without luck so far trying
> to get a decent DSL for my home. The catch is I need a static IP. So far the

I also wanted to install DSL.  I'm changing from comcast to dsl for
the lower per month price, albeit at a lower speed.  I've given
comcast about 2,291 dollars and 25 cents and I figure that is enough.

I was looking for 1.5M down and 600 up(or whatever) with stand-alone
dsl , no voice line bundle.  I use VoIP for voice.

All of these deals expire Feb 17 2007 when the qwest dsl line
promotion expires.  I'm sure then will be another promotion shortly
after that.

visi: $27 + 19.95(isp) = $46.95
iphouse: $27(qwest) + 19.95 (isp) = $46.95
speakeasy: $55.96/mo qwest charges included.
usfamily.net $27(qwest) +$7.99(isp, prepaid annually) = $34.99  This
is metered access where if you transfer more then 10gig in 30 days you
get your ports cut off and pooled with other high bandwidth users.
qwest.net  $32  basic?  They quote this on the front page and don't
give an option for it later on.  MSN is the only "choice."
    qwest choice dsl deluxe with msn premium $36.99

The qwest MN ISP list is here:
http://www.qwest.com/dsl/inc/isp_list/MN.html

Good Luck,

 -Matt Johnson