> Is this an incoming relay or an outgoing relay (define mailscanner).
> There is a "relay_domains" keyword as well as "mydestination" and
> "mynetworks".  Also, check out *_restriction variables.

It is an incoming relay. I was aware of the relay_domains tag, and thought
I had it right, but am still getting the errors I mentioned. In
/etc/postfix I set up transport, and relay_domains.

In transport my syntax is:

.domain.com      smtp:[x.x.x.x]

In relay_domains I have the domains allowed as:

domain.com    RELAY

believed to be clean.