Its been a while since I looked at PAM, but if you don't mind doing a
little hacking there is the pam_require module that can be used to force
specific group membership. It seems like it should be easy enough for it
to negate that test. Then you could make that 'sufficient' so that
non-admins pass and then fall through to the pam_usb to validate the
admin users.

Like I said, its been a while but it should be workable.

--rick

http://www.splitbrain.org/projects/pam_require