We (at work) have a Solaris machine that just rebooted that was up 1400+ days.
Of course, as soon as it did, it unleashed hell and the iPlanet server
wouldn't start.  So, the machine with the highest uptime is now a linux
server (RedHat 7.2) with 1350+ days.

Especially now with the DST 2007 patching (which is not optional), a lot of
bad problems are showing up on Solaris boxes that had been festering.  The
package management and integrated LVM on Linux help out a lot in contrast.
In fact, the DST patching for Linux (packaged and simple) puts the others to
shame.

I don't share Chad's experience in that supporting it makes me dislike it
less.  I would say that that's true though for AIX in my sense.