On 1/16/07, Troy.A Johnson <troy.johnson at health.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Shawn,
>
> You just mentioned three problems you personally had with Qwest, then
> you give people who have had REAL problems with Qwest a kick in the
> pants. I'd say I was hurt and offended, but I'd hate to complain, and
> it would only annoy you. ;-)
>
> Troy

Please explain to me where I cited three problems with Qwest because I
fail to see three.

For the record, here's my e-mail again:
-------
You can get static IP's with Qwest and you don't even need a business
account to do it:

Qwest internet basic   $29.99 to $49.99 a month IIRC for the line
depending on speed
$10.99 for ISP services (no e-mail, website, etc)
$14.99 for a block of 8 static IP's.

I just dropped my static IP's from Qwest which I've had for over 3
years.  Aside from having a buried line go bad during heavy rains a
couple years ago, and some headaches of moving DSL services from one
phoneline to the other, I've never had a problem with Qwest service.

Some people just absolutely hate them and will bitch about anything
because they don't like Qwest.  Then again, many of these same people
are those that will find something to bitch about regardless of what
it is.
-------------

I fail to see where I mention three problems.  I mentioned a line
going bad, which I cannot say is an issue with Qwest because it is a
failure of a component that had been buried for who knows how many
years.  Component failures do not necessarily equate to problems with
the service provider.  A problem would be if they sat on my call for
weeks on end and not responding to the call.

The issue I had with switching DSL service from one line to another
was a minor issue, and from what I've gathered a non-standard request.
 I wanted to drop my second phone line, but my DSL service was
connected to it.  In the process, I wanted to keep my static IP's
which I had had for quite some time to avoid unnecessary work on my
end.  Had I of moved, and had a DHCP assigned address it wouldn't have
been an issue.  Yes, I was more than a little peeved at the time.
But, once I found that it isn't a common request, and they did it as I
requested I was fine with it.

There really was only one problem that I had, as I really cannot say
that the buried phone line was an issue with Qwest because of age,
weather exposure, and it was probably cut from people digging at one
time or another.  All of this was outside their control as far as I'm
concerned.

The reason for dropping my static IP's recently was because I moved my
web services to a hosting service and don't have a need for statics
anymore.

My last statement in my original e-mail was for those who bitch just
because they like to.  If it's a legitimate problem that's fine.  But,
if you're bitching for no reason other than to hear yourself bitch, do
us all a favor and STFU.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..