I've got a couple hundred PDF files that have been malformed with some
extra lines AFTER the EOF. This keeps them from being doing important
things like printing, or displaying properly on some versions of
Acrobat. Not all PDFs are necessarily effected with this issue...

Since these files are hosted on a linux server, I figured the proper
tool to solve this problem would be PERL. The question is, how....if I
open the file with a standard open function, won't it read the file
til the EOF and not beyond?

I understand that SED might be helpful, but I'm sed-impaired, but I'm
working on that.

Any thoughts or ideas?

--
-