Hi Everyone,

The Twin Cities Indymedia collective is working on a project to outfit
coffeeshops and community centers around the Metro Area with free
computer kiosks with which people can check the indymedia site
(http://www.twincities.indymedia.org), other news sites, their email, or
whatever.

Our purpose is to provide access to the alternative information flows of
the Internet and Indymedia (the world's largest independent media
network), as well as general computer access, to people who would
otherwise not have it. We are hoping to start out with 1-2 kiosks in the
coming months, and eventually expand as far as possible.

In the spirit of freedom of information, we would like to run the
computer kiosks on Linux. And that's where you (hopefully!) come in. We
need volunteers (a few good geeks) to set up donated computers with
Linux, and if possible, maintain them once installed. The kiosks will
then not only promote independent media, but the open-source movement as
well.

If you are interested in participating in this project, please email me
off-list.

I also need help with booting Ubuntu from a firewire drive, but that's
an entirely different story...

Thanks for your help!

in solidarity,
Erik