Hi all,

I've got a bunch of external macros and commands that I want to use my
function keys for in vim (e.g. cvs commands).  And I'd like to map
similar commands together, but if I map them all, I'm going to be
running out of function keys pretty quick.  So I'm trying to map
commands like this:

"load functions
source ~/bin/cdf.vim
:map <F5> :CVSDiff<C-M>
:map <S-F5> :CdfCvsDiffPrevious<C-M>
:map <F6> :CdfCvsUpdateReport<C-M>
:map <S-F6> :CVSCommit<C-M>
etc...

But none of the shift function keys are doing what I want.  If I open
vim and do Ctrl-K and then a Shift-F5, instead of a "<S-F5>" I get
"<HELP>", and when I try it with F6 I get "[29~".

Does anyone here know what's going on?  I'm running gentoo, fluxbox, and
  Eterm, all with mostly default settings, so I don't think they would
be messing with any key mappings or anything, xev shows everything
working ok.  Any help would be great.

Thanks all,
Chris Frederick