On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:14:21AM -0600, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> How about tax software?  When when do you suppose that the GPL is
> going to end up providing us with a way to do our taxes?

I think it would be a great idea, actually.  The use-case and
unit-testing required to accurately represent tax law would likely
show the glaring and subtle flaws, promoting the flat-tax rate that we
already pay here in the US (approximately 40% if you're wondering).

Having it as GPL would guarantee that I would always have access to
the applications and source code.  If you were to write the software,
you could easily be considered GOD and DEVIL by software companies in
the industry.  They would sue you into oblivion for vague patents that
they have squirreled away for just this occasion...  Wait, now I'm
being fatalistic.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/