On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 at 09.13.48 -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
> I think "more power to them" is a good way of putting it.  If we produce
> code that can be used within proprietary, binaries-only software, then we
> are aiding the promoters of the proprietary model -- empowering them --
> and this is not good for the FOSS movement.  The GPL is better for FOSS
> than is the BSD license because of this.

If you want to use the GPL, go right ahead, but please don't call
GPLed software `free.'  It is far from `free as in free speech' because
there are a large number of uses which the GPL does not allow.  Calling
the GPL `free' in light of this is simply an attempt to confuse the issue.

    Poor Richard!  He led the way into free software but is now trying to
    hold us back as we stream past him into a future of software even
    freer than he ever imagined.
      -- Paul Hughett, gnu.misc.discuss, 2 Feb 1999 16:22:56 GMT

--
Sidney CAMMERESI
http://www.cheesecake.org/sac/