On 2/25/07, T.J. Duchene <tj at kewlness.net> wrote:
> But I wanted to share with you a bit of information - my reasons for
> sticking with XP and not buying Vista.

Last I checked, this was a Linux list, not a "why I hate Microsoft,
but am going to say I really don't hate them" list.

If you're going to post OT drivel (especially factually incorrect OT
drivel), please have the courtesy to mark it [OT] so the rest of us
can ignore you.

> #2. Vista uses DirectX 10 which is NOT compatible with DirectX 9.  Since
> the majority of users who demand DirectX are gamers AND MS will be
> replacing Vista in 2 years, does MS honestly think the developers will
> switch?

Not correct.  Vista CAN use DirectX 10.  However, Vista CAN ALSO use DirectX 9.

See:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=09f7578c-24aa-4e0a-bf91-5fec24c8c7bf&DisplayLang=en
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb219801.aspx

Hopefully, I didn't just feed the troll...

--kurt