On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, T.J. Duchene wrote:

> > The GPL license functions very simply when you get down to it.
> >
> > If you don't believe what I'm about to say, you are welcome to check
> > with the FSF website, and they will tell you the same thing.
>

> Why not find that part of the FSF website and direct us to that instead of
> writing your own interpretation?  I mean, if it is really "the same
> thing."  The law is tricky and every word counts.

> Mike

Sure, Mike!  One sec...

Here is a Q&A vignette published by the FSF covering most, if not all, of what I posted:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

I think the only thing that might not be mentioned is the fact that distributors have the right to charge you for handling, copying to a medium, and shipping of the code - but that is covered in the GPL itself.

I hope this helps!  I didn't want to muddle the issue, or even send you off into reading the FAQ.

I wanted to help clarify what seemed to be a misunderstanding.   What I posted earlier, I hoped was just the salient points - to help clear things up.
I hope the FAQ does a better job!

Have a good one!

T.J.