http://gpl-violations.org/ tracks them too, but there seems to be no
activity since that D-Link verdict last September.

Chris

Josh Paetzel  josh at tcbug.org
Thu Feb 22 10:35:08 CST 2007

Because in the case of a computer you have access to the filesystems
and binaries and can distribute them to other commodity devices.  In
the case of your microwave the only way to get the software off it is
to remove the ROMs from the devices and use specialized hardware to
get them off, and in the end you have a 'program' that will only run
on their hardware.

I'm not completely talking out my ass here yanno, I know several
people that work in the embedded hardware industry and have
investigated this pretty carefully.  If this was an issue people
wouldn't be doing it.

If you think cisco is violating the law I'd like to see proof of
it...such as a court case they've lost and had to pay out to someone.

Or you can try and get a copy of the firmware in your microwave.

More than willing to be proven wrong here.....