If they modify the Linux kernel to do their tasks, then they must
distribute that... as LinkSys eventually agreed to do on their wireless
router before they re-designed and removed Linux from it.

However, if they modified Linux just to get it to run on their box, they
must distribute that. Any application they choose to write for that
platform they can keep as closed as they like.

Chris

I suspect that they mod