Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:09:06PM -0600, Henrik Hudson wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 15:53, Kraig Jones <jkjones at tcq.net> sent a
>> missive stating:
>>
>>> I don't much like Microcenter.  I don't care for them asking for
>>> personal information every time I buy any little thing like a stack of
>>> CDs.  For saving a few pennies, it's not worth it to me to give them my
>>> phone number and address to get more junk mail.  But mainly it's just
>>> the principle of the value of my privacy.
>>>
>> Yeah, I'll give them my zipcode, but that's it. I've flat out told the guy no,
>> you are not getting my info. Of course, I still get flyers addressed to me
>> from them anyway, so they either look it up via CC info or just from the
>> standard marketing analysis garbage.
>>

> I was surprised, when I bought something for the very first time, that
> they told me my address, to verify it...   Resistance is futile...
>
> florin

Remember the guy at Radio Shack writing down all your info on a form
when you went in to buy a battery?  Even when I was 12, I thought it was
cult-ish.    You'd think a "high-tech" place like MC would be satisfied
with just spamming the hell out you.  Their mailers are way too big and
too frequent.  What was the topic?

Ps. Thanks everyone for the Ramsey County disposal info.  I used to live
in Bloomington.  dang.    My vintage 'puters are spoken for.  Who wants
a box of IDE drives?  (Ohh, man, there I go...  change the subject and
email me off list.)