> On 2/12/07, admin at lctn.org <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have an Ubuntu server that runs through an IpCop firewall.
Frequently,somewhere
>> the server will lose connection to all other devices on the network,
>> except the IPCop box. If I run a steady ping to the firewall,
>> connectivity
>> to the network is restored.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Raymond
>>

> check your ARP tables (on routers and PCs) for IP conflicts

It only happens to the one box, which I have changed the IP on, thinking
the same thing, but to no avail. If I run a steady ping to the firewall,
it will always work. If I stop the ping, somwhere along the line (could be
hours) it will not be able to reach other servers on my network, or get
out to public IP's. Ten to fifteen seconds after I restart the ping to the
firewall the box can reach any IP again.

believed to be clean.