Regardless of the other issues, flash RAM has a limited read/write
lifetime unlike "regular" RAM or a hard disk.  The life is not short,
but is write cycle-related so use as any form of cache or frequent swap
space would not be wise.  Perhaps that's no longer true, but it was in
some product specs I've seen.

Chuck