On Sunday 11 February 2007 12:42, Harv Nelson wrote:
> is there a way to move my existing swap partition to a 4 gig USB
> flash drive.  on a working Debian Etch system, witout having to
> reinstall the whole works?   i'm told the usb swap file will be
> much faster ... almost like having it in ram.

USB 2.0 isn't any faster than any modern hard drive would be.  There's
no need to reinstall to move it though.  Just create a swap partition
on the drive and edit /etc/fstab appropriately.

Also, on a modern machine, you really shouldn't be swapping much
anyways.  You might consider adding more RAM.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel