Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
>
>> Interesting.  When I was shopping there was a "Instant $350 rebate on
>> lattitude notebooks priced above 1499" (which is valid til tomorrow I
>> believe).  And I added identical with-windows and without-windows
>> notebooks to my cart (since the rebate is only taken off when added to
>> the cart), and the with-windows notebook had a $259 rebate applied in
>> the cart and the without-windows one had a $350 rebate applied in the
>> cart.  So the without-windows one came out cheaper only because the full
>> $350 rebate was applied.  Without the rebate, they would have been
>> exactly the same price.
>>

> They had also discounted the wireless card, the Cingular wireless card,
> and various other parts only on the Windows one..

i just got a thinkpad t60 from cdw - with winxp - and i was just about
to attempt to get my ms tax money refunded.  but then found out - after
about 3 weeks of trying - that my embedded evdo card could only be
activated via a verizon winxp appliation.  so, i had to actually
re-install from the recovery discs they sent and install winxp to
activate my card - which of course made accept the ms license etc.  so,
winxp was on my laptop for about 15 minutes, now its FC6 and my evdo
card works awesome!