Hello, and a good day to you all.  I was wondering if anyone had any
Dell laptop parts laying around.  I know this is slightly OT, but I will
be installing Linux if it works.

I found a Dell Inspiron 8500 laying in the alley.  It is slightly
scuffed up, missing the "v" key, has no HDD, but other than that appears
to be in good order.  There is no life in the battery.

I was wondering if anyone has a laptop like this?  If so, I was
wondering if I could meet up to try your power cord?  I hate to buy a
power cord, only to find out the laptop is junk.  If it does turn on,
then I'd be more than happy to purchase a power cord, and a HDD.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Robert De Mars