At 07:20 PM 12/14/2007, Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
>I need to find a PCI Wireless Network card that will fit into a small
>form factor/low profile case.

For what it's worth, a couple of months ago I faced the same problem
and spent two weeks in a fruitless search for a half-height WiFi
card.  Rounded up the likely suspects, searched the web, called
everywhere ... no one had one nor had heard of one.  I gave up and
went with a USB adapter, which was cheaper (~$25 v $60+) -- but not
like, you know, *internal*.

Two ideas, if your luck proves as bad as mine, and you don't want to
dedicate one of your external USB ports to the cause:

(1) Tape or glue a USB WiFi "thumbdrive" adapter somewhere on the
surface of the case or elsewhere nearby (you might need to experiment
for a position that gets a strong signal).  Run a USB cable inside
the case to a USB header on the motherboard.  (General Nano has
adapters that mate to a 5-pin USB header on one end and run ~8" to a
regular female USB connector on the other).

(2) Many (most?) WiFi cards these days have a "green card" small
enough to fit in a low-profile case, but are attached to a
full-height metal slot-bracket.  If you're handy in the shop, you
could take one of them and cut down the chrome mount bracket.

On the other hand, if you find one, please do post it here!  At least
one enquiring mind wants to know.