I'm not 100% that it works in 6.06, but the best wireless card I've
found (so far) is the Gigabyte GN-WP01GS
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839121008).
It's the RaLink RT2561 chipset.  It doesn't come with a low profile
bracket (at least not from newegg), but those are fairly standard in
design.  I would think your biggest problem would be the Ubuntu
drivers since all of the wireless cards I've seen lately seem to be
low profile.

Best of luck in any case.