Andrew Zbikowski said:
> You might want to look into net booting it if the NIC supports it...if
> not you can probally create a floppy that does.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/Netboot
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/WindowsServerNetboot
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/QuickNetboot

Andrew, thanks for the links, and it would be great if I could get this
machine to boot from the network. The BIOS does allow me to select the
network as a boot device, but I think I would also need the NIC to support
that, and I don't think mine (LinkSys PCMPC100) does.

So Etherboot sounds interesting, but I've never been sure it works with
any PCCard NICs. Although the Etherboot web site does mention that LTSP
has a floppy that can start a network boot, I couldn't find it.

Specific links would be great, but I'll keep working on another solution
in the mean time.

Chris