On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:53:26PM -0600, Chris Schumann wrote:
> Andrew Zbikowski said:
> > For this you REALLY should use the Ubuntu alternate install CD.
>
> I forgot to mention: No CD drive. No USB. I managed to get Debian Woody
> running, but would like something a bit more up to date.

Do you have a network card? If not, someone on list might have
one that they could donate.  Updating is a lot easier with a
network card.

> I'm looking at getting FreeDOS installed, getting a memory card reader to
> mount, then using linld to run the Ubuntu mini installer image. Any tips
> on that path greatly appreciated. :)

If you have Debian Woody running, why don't you just update to
Sarge and then to Etch? If you have fairly minimal installs,
updating should be easier than a fresh install.

Updating should still be possible without a network card, though
re-installing might be faster.