> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:27:37 -0600
> From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1 at gmail.com>

> Indeed I am.  It's an eleven year old Aptiva (yeah, I'm pretty much just
> doing  it for the challenge).

I feel your pain. I'm trying to install a minimal Ubuntu on a ThinkPad
750P. That's a screaming 33MHz 486 in my lappy! Aptiva could have a 486 or
Pentium.

> If anyone can tell me  where to find specs for old old old IBM
> machines, I'd really appreciate it  (their website seems to be no help,
> but I might be missing the obvious).

I took a look here: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pcinstitute/psref/
It's normally very useful for that kind of thing, but there's no book for
Aptiva or PS/1, which is what turned into Aptiva.

I found http://members.aol.com/don5408/aptiva.html which is the Unofficial
Aptiva Support Site.

Just for fun, what's the 7-digit machine type?