On Monday 03 December 2007 5:45 pm, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:31:14PM -0600, John Reese wrote:
> > I am looking for a small, kid-friendly development environment for
> > games, modeling, etc. Something similar to Micro Worlds.
>
> http://www.squeak.org
>
> florin

I'll see Florin's Squeak suggestion and raise this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Programming-Robots-Technology-Action/dp/1590594916

It's by Stephane Ducasse and is a nice introduction to squeak.

On the subject of "robot programming" another good learning tool that is
python based is "Guido van Robot" or GvR for short. You can find info at:
http://gvr.sourceforge.net/index.php

GvR is an adaptation of the Karel the Robot program for Pascal. A very good
intro to basic programming concepts.

Have fun!
Jack

--