The installation is super easy.  The interface looks like a programmer
did it.  I built that machine as a media pc to stream media off my file
server, but I really wanted a (6th) remote (which LinuxMCE does
support).  So instead of spending $50 on a remote, I spent $300 on an
AppleTV, hacked it, and now it can stream videos off my file server as
well as watch YouTube.  Once I got the AppleTV working, I never looked
back at LinuxMCE.  Check out http://awkwardtv.org.

-Chris