On Friday 10 August 2007 10:47, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Sean Waite wrote:
> > Why yes I am! Now how in the world could this have been removed? I was
> > thinking that maybe some service I was not seeing either failed to
> > start, or had started and was causing conflicts. But sure enough I took
> > a look at the adapter's settings and saw that there was nothing for
> > default route. Although this solves the current issue, I am now more
> > concerned how this could have changed. I am not a Windows basher, but
> > really this is the kind of weird things that happens to Windows.
>
> Well, have you checked the network config to ensure that it's there? I
> don't have much OpenSuSe experience, so can't tell you exactly where to
> check.

Late reply due to I have been very busy. Not sure how you maintain your
routing / default gateway but you could/should use yast for it. Go into yast
and to your network devices / network cards and there is a routing option
which has a section for your default gateway.

Check your log files from around the time you noticed it happen. Were any
updates running? Was there anyone else on the machine? Etc.