You're confusing the IP of the book with the physical book itself. I can
go buy a book, write anything I want anywhere on it and then sell that
physical copy to you. I can't print additional copies of the book. I
can't assert any ownership of the copyright of the book. But for that
single copy I am free to do whatever I please and the copyright holder
can't interfere.

I'm curious how your analysis works with something like a white-box PC.
Do you really think that these shops have agreements with every
component manufacturer? They don't. They buy the motherboard, memory,
hard drives, etc. and build the Hole-in-the-wall Dual Core Special. This
case is no different. The used Linksys units are simply inputs to his
new product. For every device he sells he's buying a Linksys unit with
the appropriate licensing for that unit.

--rick