I think you're all missing that point that by purchasing the original
unit you've paid for the license to all of that stuff for that
individual unit. You're perfectly free to re-badge the thing as Uncle
Ned's Truly Good WAP and Linksys can't do anything about it - that's
what the doctrine of first-sale is all about. If I write notes in the
margins of a book, I'm still free to sell that book and the publisher
can't stop me.

Now if you were extracting Linksys's ROM code for some other unit there
would be copyright issues. If you were buying their units, hacking on
them and reselling them without at least a disclaimer that they had been
mod'ed there could be issues regarding the Linksys trademark.

--rick