I have an existing Ubuntu installation on a SATA disk and I want to add a
500GB mirrored RAID onto it for storage.  I have two SATA ports on my board
and then two that are seperate for a Promise FastTrak SATA RAID controller.
I installed the 500GB drives on the Promise controller and set up the
mirrored RAID.  Now when I attempt to boot Ubuntu with the RAID controller
turned on I get the following messages:

ata3: disabling port
md: md0: raid array is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
madm: /dev/md0 has been started with 1 drive (out of 2)
sde: assuming drive cache: write through
sde: assuming drive cache: write through

If I disable the onboard RAID the server boots with no problem.  Has anybody
tried this setup before?

--
Donovan Niesen